Monday 10 December 2012

Butterflies and Golden Doors

Here is my swap for RSA ATC's shaped ATC swap for December.

The background is using a technique I stumbled across on an online search of art journals.

I started mixing gold and cornflower blue acrylics with water, a very thin solution.
I then painted this on in long wide blushstrokes. I splattered the wet acrylic with isopropyl alcohol and forced dried using a heat gun.
This is a must try! the reaction bleeds the most amazing backgrounds .......... it also works effectively on non gesso'd canvas.
Too much isopropyl alcohol will make a mess so it takes a bit to get.

The inside is colour is paint soaking throughthe paper from the above technique,  i liked the look of it so decided it would stay as is.

The inside has been stamped with Kaisercraft clear stamps and set with gold EP.
I have coloured the wings of the butterfly using red and yellow watercolour pencils on a wet base.

I have cut the door using a stanley knife and folded the hinge.

All edges have been dusted with Tim Holtz Faded jeans and the edges have been coloured using gold metallic paint pen ............. something I havnt used since high school!

The outer butterfly has been stamped, again using faded jeans and coloured using a soft wash of watercolour pencil in aqua.

 
The background canvas is one im working on currently ................ hmm aqua and gold are an obvious favourite at the moment.
 
I hope you like, Pete





No comments:

Post a Comment