Saturday 14 April 2012

Resin Charms for some "Charming Ladies"

These are for a swap I am participating in. Make 7 charms, keep one myself and receive 6 in return. I decided to make my "practice" charms as an included gift.

I have stamped various images onto clear acetate sheeting using black Stazon, then cut them to fit the molds.

The resin is a 2 part epoxy that I have been experimenting with, by Barnes, it is really easy to use and the clear resin allows embedded objects to look as if floating.

I have placed a small amount of resin and allowed it to become tacky in the mold, carefully placed the acetate image into the part hardened plastic and then placed more resin to encase the acetate.

Once hardened I have drilled a hole in each and placed a jump ring in charcoal grey, then miniature fishing swivel and finished it off with another jump ring.

The card has been made just to complete the charm, they just looked a little lonely without it.

The background has been swiped with apricot and white acrylic.
I have overstamped using Tim Holtz text and Kaisercraft butterfly in black Stazon.
All edges have been finished in saddle and black Stazon and the butterfly has been hand coloured using watercolour to bleed over the image and give a translucent look.
I have then handstitched the charms in place.

I hope my swap partners like the finished result.






below are my return charms :)



Pete









No comments:

Post a Comment