I started with a canvas 5x7 and painted it using 2 shades of blue acrylic, then used a harlequin stamp to remove the top layer, leaving the patten in darker acrylic behind.
All edges of the canvas have been sponged using blue Stazon to give some depth and the music notes have been stamped in black Stazon.
The poppy's are a serviette I adhered using the "saran wrap technique".
These have been cut and pre-coloured using Tombow markers and blender pen, prior to using glue dots to give bulk and a 3D effect.
The main image is a cartoon I printed and hand coloured using Tombows and a watercolour pen.
The "K" was originally pastel pink with glitter, I have used black Stazon to cover, the pink was just a little too girly!
Silver diamante finish it off.
I have had to take the glass out of the frame to photograph it without reflection.
Fingers crossed she loves it ;) xx.