Friday 2 December 2011

Big black hat

My entry into the Paperarts WTA for December.

This one again has my own handmade background, using pink acrylic and maroon ink with filagree stamp. These colours give the gilt sticker a perfect base. The "glow" of the sticker is more subtle in life, with an antique gold rather than a bright.

Both the 1920's lady and the flowers have been found online, with the flowers a 1920's wallpaper I fell in love with.

I have recoloured the lady using Black tombow which has given her a softer look and have used the same on the flowers and background to give depth to the overall work.

The flowers have been given bulk using glue dots.

1 comment:

  1. this is scaring me you realise. I think I'll have my L plates on FOREVER - you are very good at this

    ReplyDelete