Friday 30 December 2011

Gaga-Chaplin

January ATC swap for Paper arts.
Combine a famous persons body with another famous persons head................this was a hard task, given everything I came up with being slightly controvercial in some way. lol

The background was made using cuttlebug embossing folder, wrong side up. The cogs being a tribute to his film "Modern Times" 1936.
I then painted over it using 3 colours of acrylic paint. I have then rubbed a black stazon ink pad over the surface to make the cogs stand out.

Lady Gaga and Charlie Chaplin images have been taken from an online search, also the flower, these have been cut and collaged.
I have recloured the images and background using Tombow markers, I am using this technique in all my work as it allows me to shade and detail areas i want to stand out.
Glue dots, again, my favorite has allowed a 3D quality.





Pete

3 comments:

  1. Impressive Peta...you are so organised, I haven't even thought about this swap...not even as a concept!

    I just love the background images of your blog. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Peta, will look forward to one of those being in my hands.

    ReplyDelete