Monday 19 March 2012

A Scrappy Good Day

I have a new stamp set from Kaisercraft "hummingbird" and I am loving it at the moment.

This ATC series has been made from my "scrap" paper, you know the paper you use to wipe up blobs of paint, stamp off ink and practice font!
This is the first time Ive tried using this as a background, and I dont know why I havnt listened to my creative peers and used it before now.

I have added to the background edges by swiping jade and lime acrylics using a piece of card instead of a brush.

The foreground has been double and triple stamped to layer the fauna component. Small pieces have been masked and made to fit the layout.

Tombow markers have been used to shade and give depth to the outline of areas.

The bird is a vintage hungarian postage stamp which I have photocopied and collaged.


I would recommend giving a piece of scrap backing a chance! lol
I love the effect.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment