Friday 23 March 2012

Beautiful Butterfly

Today I managed to do a 5 x 5 canvas, the first for me in a long time.

I like working a lot smaller and although I find canvas amazing to work on, theres nothing like a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 card to get me fiddling. lol

The background is Tim Holtz crackle medium in spiced marmalade which is perfect for sponging vintage photo ink over, it really shows off that amazing crackle..
Tim holtz script stamp and Kaisercraft Tigerlilly have been stamped in Stazon saddle.
I have used alcohol inks to mottle the edges and also to sponge through honeycomb metal ribbon.

I have sealed the piece using homemade Mod Podge (love it!!).

The butterflys are perfect for the lady I have been inspired to do this for, everyday she uploads to my page perfect sentiments and even more perfect butterfly artworks.
Orange rocks!

This one is for you Claire.........you just need to let me know your favorite quote to add to the blanks.


Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment